Category: Import Teams
This utility is used for importing team settings, not rosters. For information about importing team rosters, see Import Members
You can import team information from a spreadsheet file rather than entering it all by hand using the Information form mentioned above. To do this, you'll need to create a spreadsheet file containing a row for each team and columns across for each piece of information you wish to import. The file you create must be saved as a comma separated value (.CSV) file. This file type can be generated from Excel using the Save As dialog box. To perform the actual import see the link towards the top of the Division & Teams page.
You can also use a file that was downloaded from the site using the "Export Team Data" report, also found at the top of the Division & Teams page. These files can be directly re-imported after downloading. In this way, the downloaded data can become a backup for your site's data that can later be restored by simply re-importing it should something go wrong with the data on the website. You can also use the downloaded data to make changes en masse and then re-import the changes.
The information you can include in the import file is specified below. Note that all columns are optional except for the Team Name column. The first line of the file must contain the names of the columns as specified below. The order they are encountered in the first line specifies the column order for all subsequent data in the file.
- Internal database record ID from the LeagueAthletics.com database. These numbers should only come from the Export Team Data report from the website and are used to identify each team's existing data record. If these numbers are not present, the software will attempt to match existing team data based on name and division/league. If no match is found, a new record will be created.
- Designates the Division of the team. Must start with ">" and use ">" to show hierarchy (>League>Division>Team)
- This is the team's official name, like "U12 Bobcats."
- This is the nickname of the team, such as "Bobcats."
- Used for importing schedules
- Used to order teams
- Yes - to show the teams under the Teams drop-down on the homepage of your site. No - to hide this team from public view.
- Yes - to show a no-contact Roster available to the Public
- Yes - to show only First name, Last Initial on Public Roster
- Yes - to hide Birhdays on the Full Contact Roster
- Yes/No - If "Yes," show management (coach(s), team manager(s), etc) "Public" contact information on the team's Bulletins page.
- Yes/No - If "Yes," schedule changes are e-mailed to all affected team members and their parents.
- If another manager schedules a game with this team, notify this email address.
- Yes - will show the Results tab for this team under the team section in your website.
- Restricts view of roster to only team members
- Provides specific Admin rights to Password holder
These fields are intended only for Soccer organizations:
- M or F
- "2012 Spring"